Mod/DD2 Idea: Grim Reaper Boss Fight

Our general discussion board for Darkest Dungeon.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Notkastar
Seeker
Seeker

Mod/DD2 Idea: Grim Reaper Boss Fight

Postby Notkastar » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Just an idea that I thought could make for a pretty neat feature and add another layer of difficulty to the game.

Whenever one of your heroes hits death's door within a dungeon, a special mob is released into the quest area, The grim reaper. The grim reaper could function as a damage heavy version of the collector (Without the ability to spawn mobs of their own.) Though the main gimmick of the Grim Reaper could be that their fight could be centered around putting your characters at "death's door." Not outright killing them on the first turn but, doing enough damage in a single hit that it will most likly gonna put them at the door. It'll be a race against death its self, Seeing if you'll be able to evade before death's next turn! Defeating death beside getting a pretty punny achievement could give you one of the Death trinkets.

Increasing protect and dodge with the shroud, Increasing resistance with the hood and your damage with the scythe. (With a plus +35 stress)

Though I get how this could be a bad idea for the main feature since that would be insanely hard to deal with casually, Making it kinda like dark souls were they pretty much say "Having a head time? Well, gonna have an even harder time without a good chunk of your health bar!" pretty much punishing the player for making a mistake. So kinda as a pad out, why not add an audio warning telling you when death is near? like ghostly wailing or the heroes stop and saying themselves "I have a bad feeling about this tunnel" or "A cold chill is running down my spine, We should not be here!"
Hi, I'm Notkastar (Not a Star) /Na·Ka·Star/ ╹‿╹)
I play and make video games in my spare time,
along with videos and things like that. ◠‿◠)

Notkastar
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Mod/DD2 Idea: Grim Reaper Boss Fight

Postby Notkastar » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:10 pm

[Plus+]

Thinking about it more; a grim reaper boss fight like this could add another layer of difficulty for post quest exploration. Encouraging players to leave while the leavings good or risk running into death it's self for the sake of some extra loot.
Hi, I'm Notkastar (Not a Star) /Na·Ka·Star/ ╹‿╹)
I play and make video games in my spare time,
along with videos and things like that. ◠‿◠)

Gund1937
Seeker
Seeker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mod/DD2 Idea: Grim Reaper Boss Fight

Postby Gund1937 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:49 pm

I have checked the new update of this game which provides the grom reaper Boss fight feature with some of the written tips format where many players trying to get the latest feature from the site options which providing the writing content and writing options to many students who are looking for the content help with reviews.

Return to “The Tavern”