To the devs - you forced me to refund the game

Our general discussion board for Darkest Dungeon.
willnotbuyagain
Seeker
Seeker

To the devs - you forced me to refund the game

Postby willnotbuyagain » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:08 am

I love the theme of the game.
But I can't stand the combat, it infuriates me, I can no longer play the game, literally.

The combat is soooo slow, the animation speeds are fine, but it's waiting for the buff / debuff / stress / bleed / blight etc icons to do their rotation every turn. There is a slight pause after every action before anything else can be done.

You need to wait for the debuff icon, then a slight pause, then the mark icon, then a slight pause, then the stress icon, then a slight pause. JUST GIVE AN OPTION FOR IT ALL TO HAPPEN INSTANTLY, NO ICONS OVER THEIR HEADS

Looking back at the complaints of this game, this was a major request back in 2015. Apparently the only thing they fixed was the ability to click away "barks" that characters say, especially during affliction. I couldn't image how much slower it was back then

You forced me to refund the game!

Mendel
Seeker
Seeker

Re: To the devs - you forced me to refund the game

Postby Mendel » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:44 am

Ruin has come to our game. You remember our venerable Darkest dungeon, opulent and imperial. Gazing proudly from its stoic perch above the moor. I played all my years in that ancient, rumor shadowed indie game. Fattened by decadence and luxury. And yet, I began to tire of conventional extravagance. Singular, unsettling tales suggested the game itself was a gateway to some fabulous and unnamable grinding. With relic and ritual, I bent every effort towards the excavation and recovery of all those long buried trinkets, exhausting what remained of our family relationships on grinding swarthy dungeons and leveling sturdy heroes. At last, in the salt-soaked crags beneath the lowest foundations we defeated that damnable hag and antediluvian baron. Our every step unsettled the ancient earth but we were in a realm of debuff and stress effect pauses! In the end, willnotbuyagain alone fled laughing and wailing through those blackened arcades of steam refunds. Until consciousness failed me. You remember our venerable game, opulent and imperial. It is a festering abomination! I beg you, return to coding, claim your birthright and deliver minor usability improvement patches from the ravenous clutching shadows of Red Hook.

Mivlya
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Mivlya » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:26 am

Oh yes indeed, they forces you! Woe be it that a minor convenience was not yours.

Seriously, the games a lot faster than a lot of rpgs and, as said, there are options. I would have suggested requesting the feature before dropping a whole game over something so small.

Dasmodeus_official
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Dasmodeus_official » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Mivlya wrote:Oh yes indeed, they forces you! Woe be it that a minor convenience was not yours.

Seriously, the games a lot faster than a lot of rpgs and, as said, there are options. I would have suggested requesting the feature before dropping a whole game over something so small.

There are many slower games that takes much more time, but I really do agree with a "slider" for "battle message speed".
Best Regards.

Return to “The Tavern”