Nintendo Switch Questions

Our general discussion board for Darkest Dungeon.
Sines
Seeker
Seeker

Nintendo Switch Questions

Postby Sines » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:54 pm

So, I picked up this game from the Steam sale, and I love it. I want to get the DLC for a second playthrough, however I also want to get this game for the Nintendo Switch. It's usually the procedure to put the DLC up until the point of release onto a console release, so if I'm going to get that version anyway, that might save me some money, especially since I'm not a big modder, and would rather have portability over moddability.

That being said, there doesn't appear to be any information as to it's release date, not even something general like 'Winter 2017'. I don't know if it's going to be a while or not. Can anyone confirm at least a general release time for the Switch version, as well as confirm that DLC will be included?

redhookjohn
Red Hook
Red Hook

Re: Nintendo Switch Questions

Postby redhookjohn » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:36 pm

Thanks for purchasing the game! We haven't announced the release date for Switch just yet, or what all will be ready at time of release. We are currently in the process of porting it in-house and once we get it most of the way there I will be able to speak more plainly about our release date plans.

Sines
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Sines » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:58 pm

redhookjohn wrote:Thanks for purchasing the game! We haven't announced the release date for Switch just yet, or what all will be ready at time of release. We are currently in the process of porting it in-house and once we get it most of the way there I will be able to speak more plainly about our release date plans.

Does that mean you're not sure if the DLC will be included? Also, I'm guessing you can't even provide a rough estimate for it being ready, apart from "Sometime before 2019"? I understand if you can't, I just want to make sure that's the case.

redhookjohn
Red Hook
Red Hook

Postby redhookjohn » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Right now we are working on getting the base game ready to submit to Nintendo certification. Our plan is to get the base game up and on the store first and then circle back to get the DLC available much like we are doing with iPad. That said we are moving right along for the Darkest Dungeon on Switch. But once that's submitted we will start immediately on working on getting the DLC's ported over!

Sines
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Sines » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:33 pm

I understand you can't give any definitive time frame, but knowing the kind of work you have ahead of you gives me a rough enough idea without you have to make any promises ^_^. And it sounds like the DLC will not be included, and will be available for separate purchase some time after the initial release.

Thanks for the info!

Electryon
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Electryon » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Just want to chime in on this topic as someone who finally got ahold of a Switch yesterday. Darkest Dungeon is absolutely made to be on a platform like the Switch, and whenever the base game and DLCs come out, they will all be day one purchases for me. Just based on the way the eshop in so integrated into the system (and so easy to access), I would venture to predict Darkest Dungeon will be a massive success on Switch. I wish I had it this second.

Dornath
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Dornath » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:09 pm

I always had an interest in the game but for some reason never enough to buy it. Then I read about the Switch release and I haven't hungered for a game release like this in a long time.

redhookjohn
Red Hook
Red Hook

Postby redhookjohn » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:18 pm

I wanted to post a correction to my earlier statement about the DLC availability at release. Previously I said that it would likely not be ready for our launch. That is no longer the case, both Crimson Court and Shieldbreaker will be ready at launch, which Color of Madness to come at a later date.

temames
Seeker
Seeker

Postby temames » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:08 am

Nintendo switch is the game that divides in the three parts and can adjust in the pocket or any little space of the shirt. I never got the chance to play collegepaper.org review game on this switch device and to the reviews on the questionable thoughts.

Sines
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Sines » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:35 pm

Was surprised to see my thread still up here :D

Well, I've been away from the game for a while, but with the Color of Madness expansion, and a bit of extra cash in my pocket (You guys deserve the money I'll spend paying for this game twice), I think it's time to pick this up on the Switch. From what I understand, not starting with Color isn't the same as not starting with CC, so I'll be fine starting early, but I'm wondering if there is any time window on getting Color onto the Switch? Is it going to be out in a few weeks, or are we looking at two months or more?

Also, what about the latest balance patch? Is that on the Switch now, or do Abominations and Vestals still not get along?

Return to “The Tavern”