Few critical points and mod suggestion

Our general discussion board for Darkest Dungeon.
baronRailgun
Seeker
Seeker

Few critical points and mod suggestion

Postby baronRailgun » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:45 am

The biggest flaw and also downgrade of this game compared to the rest of the elements is the navigation system, and I suggest this is part of what keeps players away from this game, the fact that the repetitive labyrinthine maps is anything but developing the sentiment of exploring.

Suggestion number 1: simpler one -is to remove the labyrinth view unless you find map exploration this way I would have to use my brain to try and memorize directions (probably not possible without game creators intervention because the labyrinth system would need complete change of the way players get out rooms, without showing the labyrinth points to click on)

My suggestion of modification number 2: would be to implement complex 2D maps for exploring like of Heroes of Might and Magic had for turn-based exploration or implement regular designed maps that players can explore without knowing when they would stumble over enemies and stuff

Problems with the game (also addressable)
-random %chances are dishonest and dunno why as we don't play for money like in those old drunken bars
*****prove: game would give you too often critical hit when your enemy is 1 HP already -I call this procedure "robbing me of my critical chance"; this is clearly designed to "fix" game stats at the end of the round but this is not dishonesty in game but against player

-game difficulties are so bad implemented that I stopped playing missions above lvl 3; I am not bragging about the idea of making games difficult but about the fact that the game does not honestly tell us what's going on
****case in point: I acknowledge higher difficulty must be harder to insanely hard; but use enemies with 10xHP and 5xDMG so we know what we are dealing with, instead pretending some x and y HP and DMG and giving the enemy dishonest advantages, like dodging 5 consecutive hits with 15% dodge chance is not normal;
****I don't ask for easier game but the way game mechanics work right now is that the creators just made everything pivotal to the %chance and with different difficulty they just modify the %chance which is lazy especially given the fact that they don't even show the modification on screen, making it look like alteration of game mechanics; solution is to remove the alteration of randomizing function and increase difficulty in the way any normal game would by make enemies tougher or even immune to physical or magic attacks; a great example of gorgeous game mechanics in this respect is Temple of Elemental Evil, ie.

baronRailgun
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Few critical points and mod suggestion

Postby baronRailgun » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:48 am

I also forgot other suggested changes
-if you really want to make the game more difficult instead messing up the random % chances to show dishonest statistics, why don't you better make some heroes mortal and some have their wounds and afflictions impossible to remove I always find it silly how medieval curators can cure everything

TheSevenWarlocks
Seeker
Seeker

Postby TheSevenWarlocks » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:58 pm

Lack of transparency and honesty are annoying in this game, and far too common in gaming in general. This unfortunately robs games of what should be, to intelligent players, one of their most interesting aspects.

marco546
Seeker
Seeker

Postby marco546 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:06 am

I understand that RNG can be really frustrating for some players, but in my opinion RNG is a vital part of DD, because if the game would be more consistent it would probably be too repetitive and too easy for skilled player.

funnyjokes
Seeker
Seeker

Postby funnyjokes » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:36 am

Commonly we attain confused when we finally hear the exact terms website development service in addition to internet developer getting used interchangeably. But thoughts is broken done looking over this, all your individual confusions may perhaps disappear. Poof!
happy wheels

Return to “The Tavern”