Hand Made Quest - In Need of Guidance

Interested in mods for Darkest Dungeon? Come here to discuss existing mods or find help in creating your own mod!
shishiwashi
Seeker
Seeker

Hand Made Quest - In Need of Guidance

Postby shishiwashi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:13 am

Hello.

I'm trying to build a hand made quest and it's been terribly difficult so far. If anyone could help me, I'd be thankful. My two main problems are:

1) I downloaded the excel file to build my own dungeon: I exported the example, just to see if it works, and it is not working at all: I can find my mission on the mission display screen, select it, but when the loading process finishes, the game crashes.

2) Everytime I change something in the "quest.plot_quests" file, those changes doesn't update automatically: I need to create a new save and play that damned Old Road tutorial everytime a change a comma, because the game doesn't update automatically. Is it normal?

I will list below the complete process I'm doing to see if there is anything wrong:

Step 1: create a new folder on the folder inside the "Steam\SteamApps\common\DarkestDungeon\mods\" directory, with the name "MyMod".

Step 2: add a "project.xml" file on the "mods\" directory, with my mod information.

Step 3: open the Excel file provided as example and export the example tab as a CSV file, to the directory "mods\MyModName\maps".

Step 4: copy and paste the "quest.plot_quests" file, located on the directory "\campaign\quest", to the directory "mods\MyModName\campaign\quest".

Step 5: add a new quest on the "quest.plot_quests" file, by copying and pasting a plot quest as example. Edit it and make sure my new quest on the "quest.plot_quests" file has the correct name of my map file.

Step 6: Run the "Darkest" executable file located on the "\_windowsnosteam" directory.

Step 7: Inside the game, enable the mod on the little hammer icon, and start a new save.

Step 8: Play the whole Old Road tutorial.

Step 9: Select my quest on the missions panel (it is shown correctly so far), buy provisions, start the mission and wait for the loading screen to finish.

Step 10: Unavoidable crash.

I've been trying to fix it for the last 3 days, without sucess. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how could I make this work?

Thank you in advance.

Mendel
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Hand Made Quest - In Need of Guidance

Postby Mendel » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Not sure how much this help and I can't double check right now but I'm pretty sure there is an option in the options menu or during the start new game process to skip the tutorial. At least I'm sure when I started my second run (of the unmodded game) there was no tutorial. (on my first run there was) And I'm sure I checked some option to avoid the tutorial as I saw no need to go through that again.

Return to “Modding”