The Chinese translation is not complete and have many missing font, here is the fix

Discuss various in game translations for the supported languages.
julio2551
Seeker
Seeker

The Chinese translation is not complete and have many missing font, here is the fix

Postby julio2551 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 am

The schinese version is missing a lot of word in schinese_pop, it cannot display disease, crimson curse, block from sheildblockerm etc.

I have been updating the translation and translate it into tchinese(Traditional Chinese), and make a new font to have better style and patch those missing word with Google noto font.
As for my mod, as it is non-commercial use, I can use HanWang font for the schinese_pop file to have better looking font.
https://www.nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/618
tchinese and schinese are very similar and can be change to the other with some software. It will be a good idea to support it also.
Steam will also let player know whether the game support tchinese or schinese, or both.

Something I want to ask also. There are some entries that cannot be translated, and if they have been translated, the game will crash when those word display.
They are
str_flagellation_add_buff_townFlagellationBleedDebuff_story
str_flagellation_add_buff_townFlagellationBleedDebuff_story_desc
str_flagellation_add_buff_townFlagellationDMGLowBuff_story
str_flagellation_add_buff_townFlagellationDMGLowBuff_story_desc
str_flagellation_add_buff_townFlagellationDMGLowDebuff_story
str_flagellation_add_buff_townFlagellationDMGLowDebuff_story_desc

julio2551
Seeker
Seeker

Re: The Chinese translation is not complete and have many missing font, here is the fix

Postby julio2551 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:49 am

I found out what causing activity log crash.
It was because Chinese space do not have any space.

I assume your game is using space or punctuation marks to tell where to cut the sentence into half, so that the activity log will not be out of range.
And when handling Chinese sentence, this method is not working.

Agrivar
Seeker
Seeker

Re: The Chinese translation is not complete and have many missing font, here is the fix

Postby Agrivar » Thu May 17, 2018 4:59 am

I suggest self-reporting your message (and explaining the reasons for doing that) so you can be sure that the developers have read your explanation of the problems with the Chinese localisation and how they can be solved. As there is very little activity in this forum, you cannot take for granted that the developers arel reading this section regularly.

Return to “Translation”