Darkest Quiz (Spoiler Alert)

Our general discussion board for Darkest Dungeon.
jago984
Seeker
Seeker

Darkest Quiz (Spoiler Alert)

Postby jago984 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:58 am

I played this game with a friend of mine and I tought it could be fun to bring it on the Darkest Dungeon Official Forum...
I list the party I used to easily bring down a Boss and let's see if someone guess which boss was:

1. Occultist
2. Grave Robber
3. ShieldBreaker
4. Plague Doctor
"Success so clearly in view... or it is merely a trick of the light?"

Agrivar
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Darkest Quiz (Spoiler Alert)

Postby Agrivar » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:24 am

The presence of the Occultist and the Shieldbreaker seem to indicate that they are against a boss with high PROT. I'm gonna say the Brigand Cannon, with the Occultist spamming Vulnerability Hex, the Shieldbreaker attacking the cannon, the Grave Robber going after the matchman, and the Plague Doctor blighting the cannon and stunning the Brigands.

jago984
Seeker
Seeker

Postby jago984 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:58 am

Agrivar wrote:The presence of the Occultist and the Shieldbreaker seem to indicate that they are against a boss with high PROT. I'm gonna say the Brigand Cannon, with the Occultist spamming Vulnerability Hex, the Shieldbreaker attacking the cannon, the Grave Robber going after the matchman, and the Plague Doctor blighting the cannon and stunning the Brigands.

Nice try but wrong ;)
The ShieldBreaker and the Plague Doctor are awesome against the Cannon but that boss it is too resilient versus debuff so I don't think that Vulnerability Hex it's so good against it.
I can tell you this: it was easy to reach the boss and a piece of cake to beat it, I even manage to not use healing abilities for the entire battle.

Lazor
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Lazor » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Swine Prince? Probably not any of the Ruins bosses.

Agrivar
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Agrivar » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:01 am

jago984 wrote:
Agrivar wrote:The presence of the Occultist and the Shieldbreaker seem to indicate that they are against a boss with high PROT. I'm gonna say the Brigand Cannon, with the Occultist spamming Vulnerability Hex, the Shieldbreaker attacking the cannon, the Grave Robber going after the matchman, and the Plague Doctor blighting the cannon and stunning the Brigands.

Nice try but wrong ;)
The ShieldBreaker and the Plague Doctor are awesome against the Cannon but that boss it is too resilient versus debuff so I don't think that Vulnerability Hex it's so good against it.
I can tell you this: it was easy to reach the boss and a piece of cake to beat it, I even manage to not use healing abilities for the entire battle.

For some reason, my first guess was the Prophet, but I don't know why. It was just a gut feeling, and if it is the right answer, I don't see which role has the Plague Doctor in that battle. I don't have the Crimson Court DLC, so if the boss comes from that expansion, I won't be able to identify it. I'm intrigued by which role has the Plague Doctor against this boss, and I noticed the limited presence of healers in your party; if the Occultist doesn't uses his healing skill, your other healing skills are only useful for getting out from the Death's Door status, but they are not enough to keep your HP at high levels.

jago984
Seeker
Seeker

Postby jago984 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:08 am

Lazor wrote:Swine Prince? Probably not any of the Ruins bosses.

It's not the Swine, even if there are ShieldBreaker and Plague Doctor that are really good against it.
Why not any from the Ruins?

Agrivar wrote:For some reason, my first guess was the Prophet, but I don't know why. It was just a gut feeling, and if it is the right answer, I don't see which role has the Plague Doctor in that battle. I don't have the Crimson Court DLC, so if the boss comes from that expansion, I won't be able to identify it. I'm intrigued by which role has the Plague Doctor against this boss, and I noticed the limited presence of healers in your party; if the Occultist doesn't uses his healing skill, your other healing skills are only useful for getting out from the Death's Door status, but they are not enough to keep your HP at high levels.

It's not the Prophet (for him I would take a Man-at-arms for sure) but I used the Plague Doctor against him in the past and it's good to blight him to death.
It's not a boss from the DLC.
The Occultist is maybe my favourite healer, but the fight was so quick that I didn't use healing abilities.

Return to “The Tavern”