The Abomination

Our general discussion board for Darkest Dungeon.
MandalorianSun
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:44 am

The Abomination

Postby MandalorianSun » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:31 am

So i've played this game on darkest through to the end, crimson court and all, and there is one mechanic that bothers me more than any other, and that is that the abomination can't be used with any religious members of your team.

The abomination is a cool hero, one of the most unique, but because of this hindrance, he rarely gets to see much use, and teams for him have to be very carefully crafted, since you lose access to the best healer, the best bleeder, and the second best stress healer.

There is no reason for this mechanic, all it serves to do is make one of the more interesting characters hard to use, and it's not like the abomination doesn't already have drawbacks outside of this.

This mechanic should be removed, and the abomination should be able to be placed into any team. It's the only character that has this kind of restriction, and it often feels like the abomination isn't really there, even when he's in your roster.

HisInfernal
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: The Abomination

Postby HisInfernal » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:57 pm

nah man. That's what makes the poor thing unique. The fact that the faith heroes can't be used in the same team as the Abomination . The best you could possibly get is that those faith heroes that have the Faithless quirk can be placed in a team with the abom

MandalorianSun
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:44 am

Re: The Abomination

Postby MandalorianSun » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:50 pm

but think about it, there are a total of what, 13 or 14 heroes total? The abom can't play with four of them, which is a huge number, almost a third of the entire roster. Maybe you think it's cool from a lore perspective, but gameplay wise, it serve to make the abom an underused hero, most importantly because of inability to use him with a vestal. The vestal is arguably the most important hero in the game, almost any team makeup can work as long as a vestal is on the team, and without a vestal, a team has to either use the occultist as a poor man's healer, or a team that is entirely comprised of hero's that have self-heals. Since generally on most missions you will be taking a vestal, that means on most missions, you won't be taking an abom.

It just doesn't serve the gameplay well, and the game rewards you basically for not using an abomination.

HisInfernal
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: The Abomination

Postby HisInfernal » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:26 pm

I get your point, but I disagree. 1. The Occultist is quite the healer, his single target heal is way bigger than a Vestal's. 2. Did you ever noticed that most of the game revolves around the lore ? Be a shame to ruin it just because of some insignificant interaction between some heroes. 3. Keeping my point, the Abom rarely needs a healer since his self heals are already pretty good. 4. The game is called Darkest Dungeon, and most of it revolves around gods , faith, monsters and horror . Makes sense for a literal monster to not be able to share the same expedition with some holly asses. The point of the game is to struggle. Also, the Abom is not underused, you just need to learn to use it better.

weaponswinger
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:53 pm

Re: The Abomination

Postby weaponswinger » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Try some mods! You beat the whole game the way they wanted you to play it, now play it the way you want to play it.

User avatar
jago984
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:05 am

Re: The Abomination

Postby jago984 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:38 am

weaponswinger wrote:Try some mods! You beat the whole game the way they wanted you to play it, now play it the way you want to play it.


If you think that way maybe you should check this out: http://store.steampowered.com/tags/en/Casual :lol:

Jokes aside...

HisInfernal wrote:I get your point, but I disagree. 1. The Occultist is quite the healer, his single target heal is way bigger than a Vestal's. 2. Did you ever noticed that most of the game revolves around the lore ? Be a shame to ruin it just because of some insignificant interaction between some heroes. 3. Keeping my point, the Abom rarely needs a healer since his self heals are already pretty good. 4. The game is called Darkest Dungeon, and most of it revolves around gods , faith, monsters and horror . Makes sense for a literal monster to not be able to share the same expedition with some holly asses. The point of the game is to struggle. Also, the Abom is not underused, you just need to learn to use it better.


1. You're right
2. You're right
3. You're right but an healer is always good
4. You're right

I can add that EVERY character as his/her streght and weakness, every time I thought that one of the heroes was weaker I discovered that was only because I didn't understand deeply his/her mechanics.
This happened to me with the Occultist and the Grave Robber that now are in my top 5 favourite classes.
"Success so clearly in view... or it is merely a trick of the light?"

HisInfernal
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:39 pm

Re: The Abomination

Postby HisInfernal » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:23 pm

jago984 wrote:
weaponswinger wrote:Try some mods! You beat the whole game the way they wanted you to play it, now play it the way you want to play it.


If you think that way maybe you should check this out: http://store.steampowered.com/tags/en/Casual :lol:

Jokes aside...

HisInfernal wrote:I get your point, but I disagree. 1. The Occultist is quite the healer, his single target heal is way bigger than a Vestal's. 2. Did you ever noticed that most of the game revolves around the lore ? Be a shame to ruin it just because of some insignificant interaction between some heroes. 3. Keeping my point, the Abom rarely needs a healer since his self heals are already pretty good. 4. The game is called Darkest Dungeon, and most of it revolves around gods , faith, monsters and horror . Makes sense for a literal monster to not be able to share the same expedition with some holly asses. The point of the game is to struggle. Also, the Abom is not underused, you just need to learn to use it better.


1. You're right
2. You're right
3. You're right but an healer is always good
4. You're right

I can add that EVERY character as his/her streght and weakness, every time I thought that one of the heroes was weaker I discovered that was only because I didn't understand deeply his/her mechanics.
This happened to me with the Occultist and the Grave Robber that now are in my top 5 favourite classes.


glad to see people understanding my points


Return to “The Tavern”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests