Bosses?

Our general discussion board for Darkest Dungeon.
Verderer
Seeker
Seeker

Bosses?

Postby Verderer » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:57 am

Hi, owned the game for a quite a while on PS4, but only recently had time to play it properly. I've been clearing the Ruins for a start, and I noticed that you have to kill the Prophet dude and the Necromancer at least two times? Or are there limitless amount of these missions, with increasing difficulty? What's the level cap for PCs, by the way?

Agrivar
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Bosses?

Postby Agrivar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:09 am

There are two different bosses in each dungeon (Necromancer and Prophet for the Ruins, Hag and Brigand Cannon for the Weald, and so on...), and each boss has three different versions (each one more powerful than the former). The Necromancer, for example, appears first as a "Necromancer Aprentice", then as a "Necromancer", and lastly as a "Necromancer Lord".

When you kill the third and final version of each Boss, your gain a Special Trinket as a reward.

The cap level for PCs is level 6.

Verderer
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Verderer » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:44 am

I see, thanks Agrivar. And can you 'complete' the locations, such as the ruins, for good or do they keep giving you generic missions after defeating the final bosses of that location?

Agrivar
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Agrivar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:38 am

You never "run out" of missions even after clearing all bosses. The only difference is that you won't receive any new "Kill the boss!" mission, but you still got standard missions for a cleared location.

The campaign ends when you successfuly complete the four Darkest Dungeon missions (which are always the same). The other locations can be considered some kind of "training grounds" to level your heroes and acquire treasures. If a location ceased to give you missions after defeating all its bosses, you couldn't "train" your heroes in that location, so killing the bosses would become counterproductive. Although it feels a bit dissappointing that, after defeating all bosses in a region, there seems to be no change to the generic missions for that region. It would have been interesting that, after defeating all bosses in a region, the monsters became "leaderless" and the region changed in some way (not necessarily becoming "easier") so the benefit from defeating all bosses in that region would be something more than acquiring a unique trinket.

Verderer
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Verderer » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:54 am

Thanks again, Agrivar. I thought it might be like that.

Return to “The Tavern”