Character Interactions!

Our general discussion board for Darkest Dungeon.
FrozenToken124
Seeker
Seeker

Character Interactions!

Postby FrozenToken124 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi! I'm new here. Just want to talk about something pretty minor that I have been thinking on recently. That being, adding interactions between characters. Now, what I was thinking was for characters that are related in someway, such as a Crusader and a Vestal, to say something regarding each other during quests. It could be just a quick blurb at the beginning of a quest, or perhaps when they are camping. For example, when a Crusader embarks on a quest with a Vestal, he could say something like "I am glad to have you with me, sister." And in turn, the Vestal could say "Fight with honor, brother." These interactions can be very surface level, or have a bit of depth to them. Another example of a more in depth mechanic would be when a Vestal is afflicted, and a Crusader on her team misses a hit. She could say something like "You claim to be the Light's hand? Feh!"

However, these interactions don't have to be limited to just Vestals and Crusaders. I can imagine Highwayman and a Graverobber speaking about splitting the loot 50/50, A houndmaster warning a highwayman to be on his best behavior, an occultist mentioning something about the east to the Shieldbreaker, a Plague doctor talking to a Leper about his disease, even a Jester laughing or poking fun at the Leper's disease.

I know it's pretty insignificant, but I believe it would make your characters feel a little more alive, and make your favorite team compositions even better. (And when they are better, that means it hurts more when they lose them, *wink wink nudge nudge* Red Hook)

It's just an idea, though! Will play and love the game regardless. :D Have any thoughts?

Mendel
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Character Interactions!

Postby Mendel » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:13 pm

*wink wink nudge nudge*

Say no more!

Return to “The Tavern”