Religious Restrictions and More

Our general discussion board for Darkest Dungeon.
Social_Mechanic
Seeker
Seeker

Religious Restrictions and More

Postby Social_Mechanic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:13 am

From what I understand, Redhook is revisiting the religious restrictions regarding the abomination and his ability to party with religious characters. I'm glad they are revisiting this idea, because about half, if not more, of the healers in the game, cannot party with the abomination.
When I was thinking about alternatives, I feel like I came up with a good idea.
First off, my suggestion would be that the abomination and religious characters can party together, but both of them suffer from a +25% stress damage debuff for the entire quest.
But then I was thinking about relationships between characters. What if events occurred throughout the game that randomly improved or declined the quality of relationships between characters (not classes, but characters). Thematically speaking, it would just be a representation of characters' relationships with one another changing throughout time, as they would in reality.
This relationship would provide some sort of buff if they are in the same party with one another (such as reducing or increasing the amount of stress damage taken for the entire mission).
Relationships with abominations and religious characters are automatically, by default, in a declined state.

Sines
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Religious Restrictions and More

Postby Sines » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:04 pm

A relationship mechanic would be nice, especially if there were ways it could go down. Perhaps when a squishy class gets critted while a Houndmaster or Man-At-Arms was not guarding them, or while a Healer did not use an action to heal a friend below 50% HP. Damage classes might get in trouble if they attack with a high chance of killing the target, and fail to do so (whether due to a miss or rolling low damage). Not sure how easy it would be to track all that stuff though.

As far as the Abomination and Religious class restriction goes, I'm not really sure why it ever needed to exist in the first place. While I like the Abomination, it's not so obviously good that it really needs to be prevented from partying with some of the best healers and tanks in the game. Maybe I'm a bit OCD about stress management, but I feel that the stress damage is enough of a drawback to using the Abomination.

RetroCanuck
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Religious Restrictions and More

Postby RetroCanuck » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:47 am

I like the idea of a stress punishment for that. But more relationship limitations would be fun. Maybe the occultist and the houndmaster don't get along ECT ECT

Return to “The Tavern”