Huge fan with questions about balance...

Our general discussion board for Darkest Dungeon.
alexalexi
Seeker
Seeker

Huge fan with questions about balance...

Postby alexalexi » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Hi there, I love this game, I've played it since it released, it gets me 'hooked' every time I play it. I honestly just have a few questions about it:

Is there any interest in the devs to balance it? I find it unhealthy for the game that the classes are imbalanced, and some of the enemies are rather underwhelming even in stygian with no light.

Classes like Houndmaster, Maa, Vestal, Flagellant are very consistent and strong.

Classes like Grave Robbers and Plague doctors seem to need slight buffs to be used.

Classes like Lepers need to not be entirely useless :/

Classes like the Jester should not become a Stress healbot, I wish they didn't nerf finale just because of the new district, and now he's pretty much a healbot. Instead should focus on his damage dealing side...

Enemies like Pelagic Guardians need nerfs, I can literally do infinite rounds of recovery on them, and on certain mobs leaving 2 alive, certain boss fights are way too easy to deal with, bosses like the Hag or the Swine Prince are very manageable once their gimmick is understood and known.

I just wanna list some of my concerns and ask if the devs have any interest in fixing these things.

Thank you for reading in advance.

Mivlya
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Huge fan with questions about balance...

Postby Mivlya » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Learning the gimmik is really the thing with most the bosses of the game. Once you learn how things work, they become easier. I would extend that to your talk of class imbalance too. While I agree not everyone is on a perfectly even playing field (a nigh impossible challenge) I certainly get plenty of use out of all classes, including the Leper (Massive damage and self healing make a great tank) and the jester(middle bleeding is very effective in the right dungeons)

Brock Savage
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Brock Savage » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:58 pm

alexalexi wrote:Classes like Grave Robbers and Plague doctors seem to need slight buffs to be used.
Many people would argue that the Plague Doctor is one of the better classes. Give her +stun and +speed to ensure the enemy back ranks are stunlocked for 2-3 rounds. Blight attacks are useful for melting down high PROT enemies in an extended fight. Battlefield Medicine is more situational but I still bring it- in Champion levels heroes can get stacked with multiple blight/bleed. She's weak to shuffle, I will grant that.

The Leper puts out the most damage of any character. Give him some +ACC.

weaponswinger
Seeker
Seeker

Postby weaponswinger » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Some of the elements that balance these classes are outside of battle, too. Flagellants are extremely strong and durable, especially since they can heal themselves from Death's Door so reliably, but they get stressed out rapidly doing this and can only heal stress in the penance hall. If you had a roster full of flagellants, you would quickly be unable to use them because they would accrue stress faster than you could heal it.

A grave robber has skills that can help the party outside of battle, like high trap disarm and boosts to scouting, both of which can greatly reduce the risk your team faces going through a dungeon. Even if you don't like using them in combat, Having a couple grave robbers on your roster can make it much easier to level up your favorite heroes without losing them in the process.

jipygarul
Seeker
Seeker

Postby jipygarul » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:26 am

Questions about balance are quite helpful for increasing of knowledge about this filed without any bias. Forget about asking of help from others and hire assignment help online from qualified writers without waste of time.

Amandacool26
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Amandacool26 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:13 am

I have same question with you. Thanks all for your great help.
If you are not willing to risk the usual hotmail , you will have to settle for the ordinary gmail .

Return to “The Tavern”