What is the best font to use for a website?

Our general discussion board for Darkest Dungeon.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
franksmith
Seeker
Seeker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What is the best font to use for a website?

Postby franksmith » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:45 am

Hi everyone,
Hope you are doing well. I need a piece of advice. What is the best font to use for a website?

PATRICKQ
Seeker
Seeker

Re: What is the best font to use for a website?

Postby PATRICKQ » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:50 am

If you want to spend time looking closely at fonts, I'd recommend these books: "The Geography of Type" by Stephen Coles gets you right to the detail of typefaces so you can see their similarities and differences; Pao and Berger's "30 Essential Typefaces for a lifetime" allows you to see what some popular fonts look like when used in practice; Douglas Bonneville's "Big Book of Font Combinations" shows you how many popular fonts will work (or not) when used together. But be warned: typography is a slippery slope, if you like these you'll want to read many more...

freestown7
Seeker
Seeker

Postby freestown7 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:53 am

Well, according to my experience I would say that font family Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif is always there for you.
If you prefer to have it a bit different and would like to use free webfonts, have a look at this amazing circle monogram font I used to apply recently. Quite unique and handy, Pretty sure you will like it. Cheers :D

Jemiss
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Jemiss » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:25 pm

Return to “The Tavern”