A darker role play

Want to share your stories from the game or join in running roleplay threads? Join us by the camp fire. Stay awhile and listen.
ax232
Seeker
Seeker

A darker role play

Postby ax232 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:30 pm

Since everything is new again I hope to kick off the role play. I wasn't able to get into the old one so new beginnings and new failure ahead.

Someone please reply anything so we can start.
What do your write when you don't know what to write?
Well you just write about what you want to write about right?
But if that doesn't work just write about not knowing what to write.

Vanitypirate
Seeker
Seeker

Re: A darker role play

Postby Vanitypirate » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi!
I'm Vanitypirate from the former RP (Which is still currently going on an external forum on proboards. [totally not a shameless plug or anything but we're always accepting new RPers! ((we also have a discord chat as well, ahahurhur hint hint nudge nudge))])
Anyway! I guess I'll start:
---

It was as fine a day as any to practice medicine.

The good Crowgazer, swathed in her blacks and greys and greens, circled the Hamlet's graveyard with scrying eyes when the sun was low and spilled its scarlet ichor into the heavens above.
Now, at noon, her boots were thoroughly muddied and the lenses on her crow's-beak mask were fogged with perspiration from the heat of the day. To some, the plague doctor might've appeared to be on a morning promenade through the cemetery, bereft of a shovel, but the doctorly crow held more goodly, scholarly intentions...
That also happened to be against most laws in the civilized world, of course, annoyingly taboo, and very sensitive to the biological passage of time. So she emerged from the graves empty-handed.

She walked quietly, through the graveyard's portal, silently, when her clumsy, heavy boots were not kicking pebbles and loose cobbles and sending them skittering off.

From her perch, atop the stair, she keenly scanned again the Hamlet square in search of something particular.
"All flesh fails, in the fullness of time."

Character Status:
Crowgazer: Plague Doctor
HP: Healthy
Stress: 15/100
Gold: 200

Red Nomad
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Red Nomad » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Likewise! From the old RP; glad to invade this domain again...

I was Bloodtrailkiller, though I've decided to try something a little more welcoming this time about.

I'll probably be plugging some doubly shameless art-pieces for my characters sometime in the future ;D Spoiler'd, ofc.
=====
Blood for blood... The simplest, most fundamental concept of laws. Of Justice, of Order; it could be said it was the reason he was here. By the sheer will of causality, the Leper held onto his bastard sword like a set of rosary beads. Coaxing the rose gold plating with just as much fervency as a monk.

His ivory hued mask, covered by silk, was pressed into the doubly rose tinted grip.
Perhaps jittery, anxious, it never showed but for the slow and almost eerily graceful motions of the aged Ex-Lord.

He remembered, vaguely, of the wheel falling into a familiar rut in the road, before bouncing and careening about; even still, he kept his stoic, meditative state stock still. More a statue, a monument, than a man. Albeit, flesh still held him to this corporeal, mortal plane; time passed in such a hazy blur that he had scarcely realized the arrival of the stagecoach he'd boarded... Was it an arrival? Or, rather, a homecoming.

The Leper could never be sure... What seemed like years ago could easily have been last week, and visa versa. It frightened him, but that much was a reassurance; to feel anything in his state was a blessing in of itself.

As blind as he may be, he knew these grounds well, could feel the muddy earth 'neath his toes, smell the rain in the air, hear the grumbles of the denizens of the Estate... And... There; upon the rising courtyard, a Crow. His guide.
A Corpse, he was, needed the proper Carrion to make him whole again.

So his legs moved, swiftly, with such agility that his ailment seemed hardly apparent, but for the bloody and aged bandages. Wounds not yet wholly healed. And, of course, the sweet scent of thinly veiled preservative fluids.

As he approached the Crowgazer, the Leper raised his hand kindly, though he didn't break his stride.
"Good tides..."

Unter
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Unter » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:38 pm

hello hello hello, how low?
I'm Unter, I'm also a RPer on the propboards Vanity is talking about ! (btw(Which is still currently going on an external forum on proboards. [totally not a shameless plug or anything but we're always accepting new RPers! ((we also have a discord chat as well, ahahurhur hint hint nudge nudge))])) ;=)))

Aaron stumbled on his little legs in the middle of the Hamlet. "This is worse than this faen circus" he muttered to himself. Scratching his ginger beard, the dwarf freak advanced slowly towards the Tavern. Throwing a cold, hating stare at some crow flying over the hole that is the Hamlet, he spat on the ground for good fortune.

It was pretty cold, but he choose to stay outside the Tavern, and sat on a bench, waiting.
He rubbed his hands, to kindle a bit of warmth in the middle of the mud. He just sat there, stare lost in thought, wondering about better days and humming a song.
Brothers may fight
and fell each other,
may sisters' sons
kinship stain;
hard is in the home,
whoredom severe;
axe-age, sword-age,
shields cloven,
wind-age, wolf-age,
ere the world falls;
no men will
each other spare.

ax232
Seeker
Seeker

Postby ax232 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:42 pm

(Glad to know the original RP is still going strong. I hope this one can be good too.
side note- I don't use forums or RP so don't hesitate to call me out on something.)

Almost two hours of uneasy silence. The road is more like a stomped out ditch left by a stampede than anything a man would make. The outside is twisted and the coachman won't say anything to me. Yet here I am with nothing more than a pistol out of bullets, rusty knife, and worn jacket. My last chance is at the end of this ride, and I need to make it count.

Blade
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Blade » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:18 pm

(Am also apart of the group of the proboards and such. Like your style of RP Az, haven't seen stuff like that in a long time.)

The man in the stagecoach was not alone, there was another, a woman named Devry. She wore plain, brown leather pants with a leather bodice over a grey, cotton shirt, worn over heavy with use. She also had a small hooked knife at her side, her only defense from the looks of it. Other than that she wore light black leather gloves that were cut open at the bend of the top of her finger tips. Small bulges were scattered along the top of both her hands under the gloves. Therefore, it could be gleaned that some growth or such was on the women's hands, hence the gloves.

Her looks were clouded thanks to long, dark brown hair that covered a good deal of her face thanks to the bumpy ride, every time she tried to fix it her hair would just go back to over her face which was quiet annoying to the woman. From what many glimpses the man, if he paid attention, could see, revealed dark, blue, gemlike eyes that seemed to dance with little bursts of excitement as she quickly went from one object to the next.

She hadn't made a word, but she would open her mouth from time to time, like she was trying to talk. But no sound came out and she went back to looking over the things of the stagecoach. Perhaps the man could start the conversation, help the poor woman out.
A new beginning, what a wonderful oppurtunity to start something beautiful.

relentless
Seeker
Seeker

Postby relentless » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Hello.
I drifted on and off the old rp, and still use the new one but since real life is a thing I have more priorities to worry about. Oh! And nice to see you. Hope you have a nice time RPing! :D
====
/The Old Road/

Tumble, rumble and crackle did the wagon shake. From starboard to portside did it rattle and quake. The blubbering of horses, abrupt crack of a whip, and the tingle of metal clinking in the back.

The Darkest Estate lay close, a looming sadistic silhouette that stained the landscape like ink on parchment. It seemed alive, but it was very much dead, especially the manor above that slowly began to reveal itself as the branches above swayed in malicious welcoming of yet another corpse to drop and decay.

In the back where sickly yellow cotton hung above the guts of the wagon, where benches sat stitched into the woodwork on either side, a lonesome figure sat on the right side of the bench. From shoulder to boot, the man was covered in leather lamellar. The thickest area was the upper chest, followed by the shoulders and thighs to compensate for the vital areas. The rest of the armour was composed of a murky gamberson material, prominent on the sleeves and legs.

The more glaring features of him were obscured by darkness, mainly on his face, though one half of his face remained visible thanks to the moonlight that showered from above. From what the inhabitants could tell as he sat in the corner of the wagon, the man was balding, with a rather gruff yet well-kept beard, followed by a hazelnut iris that gave little colour at all. He sat there quietly staring off through the gap between the flowing parchment. His posture was easy to see, hunched over slightly with his right elbow pressed against his right knee, stroking at his beard in thought.

He hummed a tune, high to low, but generally keeping a rather lowly tone of voice as his throat worked on the tune he hummed. To the others, he paid no mind to, though after a while his tune began to wear off, before exhaling sharply through his nose.
"Long journey, eh?"
Eyrim noted rhetorically in a quiet voice, intent on disrupting the calm and quiet, so he kept himself chill. After muttering the words, he straightened his back a bit, his face being flushed away in the shadows so only a glittering silhouette would remain as he remained sat down.

ax232
Seeker
Seeker

Postby ax232 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:48 pm

(Thanks!)

There was a women sitting across from him, he thought it was a women anyway. Over the years Leon learned that long hair and eyelashes didn't always mean what he thought. The large amount of rags covering her didn't hint anything either. He tried his best to ignore her, but the way she kept glancing at him made the ride even more uncomfortable. If this person is in for the same deal as him then who knows what desperate state they could be in. He then had an even more unnerving thought, if the person has the same deal he may get stuck with her doing the same jobs. At this he straightened up to strike up a conversation, better to stay in her good graces. "So uhh, what business do you have at the end of this road?"

Blade
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Blade » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:18 pm

Devry focused her gaze on Leon, conversation being a necessary now if only to say to stop. Her eyes did glide over to Eyrim as he had spoken before Leon, but Leon had givin a more interesting topic to speak on so she would not address the man in the corner just yet.

"No business there.... It is only a place that needs to supply me with the means of survival.....so that I may find where my true end lies. I am searching for something......something personal.....I don't want to say. Very personal...sorry. Call me Devry....please." She spoke, her voice like water, flowing fluently only to stop suddenly at any interruption of thought. Definitely feminine, she seemed if only a bit distracted as while her eyes were focused on Leon, she was bouncing her leg in restlessness. Though, she did have to be doing something, it was a requirement for her to focus correctly.

ax232
Seeker
Seeker

Postby ax232 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:40 pm

A bit closed off it seems. That's fine as long her secrets don't effect me. "Ah, well I suppose I'm trying to survive too. Though more selfishly compared to you. I'm caught between coin and debt so this is my last out." Now that I look at her more closely she has some fine looking items within the folds of her clothing. Better keep that in mind.

Blade
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Blade » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:26 pm

Devry, in fact, had nothing of value inside the folds of her clothes. She had the knife at her side, and that was about it. Any money she had was kept very hidden out of prying eyes so it would be a miracle if Leon had found it.

"Name? Common courtesy is it not to share? Even among the pawns?" She spoke, a little bit of metaphor in her speech. Her focus was on Leon, and he would be able to tell it wasn't going to subside easily if he did not continue and add a little bit more to the table.

ax232
Seeker
Seeker

Postby ax232 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:43 pm

"Leon, my name is Leon. Though some people call me Leo, I don't mind either. Sorry if I seem rude; I don't talk to people, let alone compete strangers, very often." This godforsaken ride better end soon. I'd rather be any where else. "Would you please stop shaking your leg? It's been a long day and it's giving me a head ache."

Blade
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Blade » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:09 pm

Devry stopped shaking her leg, and tried hard to just stay still and talk. Her whole body was ridged and Leon would see she was really tense not doing anything. Her hands clenched tightly to her pants making her knuckles turn a bit white with just how hard she was holding them. The little bumps that could be seen on the top of her hands seemed to almost pulse but it could just be the rocking of the coach.

"I'm sorry. It's a force of habit to do things as it makes me calm down and focus on things such as talking. Otherwise I get a bit distracted, and then I just go off talking like there's no tomorrow to make up for the fact my brain is going a mile a minute just trying to keep myself still. I'm hoping these Expeditions I hear about will keep me busy with fighting and the like so this doesn't happen. Do you think we are almost there? I sure hope this ride doesn't go on any longer because I really just want to do anything other than sit around and do nothing." She said, her voice now speeding through words like a twig through rapids without blockage stopping it. Her eyes however were still focused on Leon, which if he looked into would make him think there was more to the woman than met the eye. As there seemed to be movement in the iris like a swirling whirlpool, trick of his eyes perhaps though too.

Vanitypirate
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Vanitypirate » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:51 pm

Red Nomad wrote:Blood for blood... The simplest, most fundamental concept of laws. Of Justice, of Order; it could be said it was the reason he was here. By the sheer will of causality, the Leper held onto his bastard sword like a set of rosary beads. Coaxing the rose gold plating with just as much fervency as a monk.

His ivory hued mask, covered by silk, was pressed into the doubly rose tinted grip.
Perhaps jittery, anxious, it never showed but for the slow and almost eerily graceful motions of the aged Ex-Lord.

He remembered, vaguely, of the wheel falling into a familiar rut in the road, before bouncing and careening about; even still, he kept his stoic, meditative state stock still. More a statue, a monument, than a man. Albeit, flesh still held him to this corporeal, mortal plane; time passed in such a hazy blur that he had scarcely realized the arrival of the stagecoach he'd boarded... Was it an arrival? Or, rather, a homecoming.

The Leper could never be sure... What seemed like years ago could easily have been last week, and visa versa. It frightened him, but that much was a reassurance; to feel anything in his state was a blessing in of itself.

As blind as he may be, he knew these grounds well, could feel the muddy earth 'neath his toes, smell the rain in the air, hear the grumbles of the denizens of the Estate... And... There; upon the rising courtyard, a Crow. His guide.
A Corpse, he was, needed the proper Carrion to make him whole again.

So his legs moved, swiftly, with such agility that his ailment seemed hardly apparent, but for the bloody and aged bandages. Wounds not yet wholly healed. And, of course, the sweet scent of thinly veiled preservative fluids.

As he approached the Crowgazer, the Leper raised his hand kindly, though he didn't break his stride.
"Good tides..."

---
"Lekalis."

The presence of this scarlet Leper was like bloodflow returning to a starved limb; it breathed a new vigor into the crowly-masked doctor-- or whatever it was worth for her stiff-limbed movements. Her joints loosened, and she stepped aside to examine her compatriot.

"I did not know you were at the shore." She quirked her head to one side, scanning him and his bandaged self up and down. Her fingers, thickly gloved with a tough leather, plucked at the gauze running along his arms, alike the ones on her own arms.
Once she had determined, perhaps a bit needlessly, that he was not obviously injured, she continued, staring back at him with due scrutiny,

"How do you feel?"
"All flesh fails, in the fullness of time."

Character Status:
Crowgazer: Plague Doctor
HP: Healthy
Stress: 15/100
Gold: 200

Azmoham
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Azmoham » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:29 pm

The light of the sun pierced into the hoary branches of the trees which leaned out over the path. It struck down among the thick foliage which carpeted the forest floor. There, it played among the leaves and vines and tree trunks, diffused across the vast woods, giving it a dreary haze. This light too danced over the roof of a rickety wagon that clattered frightfully down the rutted trail. The sun reached into the caravan, dragging its fingers across yellowed pages of the book that sat in the lap of the carriage's occupant, alighting on wood-engravings of demons and visions of hells, flitting across these warped figures it made them seem almost animated, writhing on the parchment as if in some great anger or pain.

The man stared hard at the cramped, messy words which occupied the opposite page, his eyes flitting from one line to the next with practiced precision. His scholarly pursuits had ill prepared him for such a roiling, untamed landscape as this. Yet, he found it all the more enticing for its roughness, for the contrast that it provided to the musty halls of his university or the cavernous rooms of his childhood home.
A good place to be lost for sure.
he thought as he turned his attention from his book to the landscape passing by his window. The carriage now swooped low into the valley which held the most elusive town in Europe: The hamlet. The wheels groaned at the manic twists and turns of the road as it serpentined it way towards his ultimate destination. He peered out the window and saw the roiling hills of the estate, which stretched into craggy, wrinkled cliffs at one edge, which were pounded upon by the oily grey-blue sea beyond, within these seemingly infinite woods was his goal, a place that seemed as much a product of the deranged or otherwise mind-addled as it did any reality.

He'd heard only stories, hardly scraps, relayed with caution and disgust. They said it was cursed, that it was haunted by some great evil, beast of such incredible ugliness that they defied description. Such tales were naturally intriguing to a man of his type, and so he pursued the trail, stalking it from the whispered lips of students among in the halls, to the drunken rambles told by the locals as they steeped in their drinks late at night in the pub. He hunted it to his current destination, and now prayed he had not just wasted months of his life and more money then he would truly care to admit. Truly he knew though, felt it in his gut, indeed smelled it in the air.

The earthy odors of the forest, rotting wood and leaves and bubbling streams and distantly the tang of the salty waves washing upon the cliffs; farther still he thought he could make out hints of wood-smoke and dung and mud which told of the fabled town. But beneath all of this, he could smell blood. Almost too faint to detect, to the point where it seemed more to permute the very air like a faint mist than a smell with some discernible source. It was startling and yet his lips couldn't help but curl into a satisfied smile as he returned his attentions to the tome in his hands.

Return to “The Darkest Roleplay”