Color of Madness DLC and other updates!

Check here the latest Darkest Dungeon announcements!
redhookjohn
Red Hook
Red Hook

Color of Madness DLC and other updates!

Postby redhookjohn » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Full Blog Post

Darkest Dungeon presents:
The Color of Madness DLC

With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos...
-HP Lovecraft

Some hateful shard of alien origin has streaked through the night sky, crashing into the old Miller’s farm on the outskirts of the Hamlet! Those unfortunate enough to witness the Comet’s arrival have been blinded by what they can only describe as a shifting, ephemeral hue of damnably abrasive intensity. There has been no word from the farm in a fortnight, save for the unearthly groaning that echoes from the ruin of the mill...

• A New Quest Type: Get lost in time and space as you confront unending waves of enemies, new and old, pushing ever closer to the crash site of the Comet. Survive as long as you can stomach, and compare your highest kill count with friends and rivals alike!
  • A New Enemy Faction: The husks of the Miller and his farmhands roam the area around the windmill, spreading the all-consuming influence of the Comet’s light.
  • Powerful New Trinkets: Visit the Nomad Wagon and spend Comet Shards to purchase trinkets with new and powerful functionality.

The team at Red Hook is thrilled to continue to support Darkest Dungeon with this latest DLC. We’re committed to providing our new and veteran players alike with the very best in all-consuming misery and morbidity. The Color of Madness DLC is planned for a spring release, and pricing information will follow in the new year.

Console Updates:

The Shieldbreaker DLC on PS4 and VITA
We’ve received confirmation from Playstation that our second DLC: The Shieldbreaker will be releasing on Wednesday, December 6th in both NA and EU regions. We pushed a update out a couple weeks back in preparation for the release, and now after some toil on our part to get it through certification, all our Playstation players can enjoy the new class and her slithering nightmares!

Switch: Crimson Court and Shieldbreaker will be available at release!
While we don’t have a solid release window just yet, we do want to share that all currently available DLC (The Crimson Court and The Shieldbreaker) will be available at release on Switch.

We are hard at work getting the Switch version of the game prepped for submission to Nintendo for their certification process. Once we get a build in the certification process we will have a solid idea of our possible release schedule. That being said, we are hoping for sometime early in the new year if all goes well.

What about Crimson Court and Shieldbreaker for iPad?!
Our fantastic porting partner Blitworks has begun working on porting over the DLC to iPad. So far things are looking good and we will have a update from them soon to talk about likely release schedule for that soon!

All the best this holiday season,

-The Red Hook Team

dak
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Color of Madness DLC and other updates!

Postby dak » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:11 am

Can't wait already! :]

ax232
Seeker
Seeker

Postby ax232 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Well, there goes more of my money. That's less money I could be using to buy goats to sacrifice to RNGesus.
What do your write when you don't know what to write?
Well you just write about what you want to write about right?
But if that doesn't work just write about not knowing what to write.

GMTrogDor
Seeker
Seeker

Postby GMTrogDor » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:56 am

Howdy!
So i have been trying o get my hands on the shieldbreaker DLC for a while now but for some reason its only available for the vita in NA. I find the links for it all over for EU but i can't get it from there obviously. Do you know what the deal is or when us PS4 owners will get this awesome piece of work? Thanks for all you do and your amazing game!

redhookjohn
Red Hook
Red Hook

Postby redhookjohn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:27 pm

GMTrogDor wrote:So i have been trying o get my hands on the shieldbreaker DLC for a while now but for some reason its only available for the vita in NA. I find the links for it all over for EU but i can't get it from there obviously. Do you know what the deal is or when us PS4 owners will get this awesome piece of work? Thanks for all you do and your amazing game!

There was an error on Sony's storefront side of things resulting in the Shieldbreaker DLC not being listed on the store for PS4. The update and content is available if you purchase it from the webstore for VITA. The DLC is cross-buy so buying it on platform will unlock it on the other, not sure why they list them on separate products pages.

That said we've been told that on December 15th (today) they should correct the issue and the DLC should start appearing for PS4 owners/shoppers.

Understandably we aren't the most thrilled about this delay considering it was meant to be released on the 5th, but here we are. Thanks for your patience and we hope to have it fixed soon!

GMTrogDor
Seeker
Seeker

Postby GMTrogDor » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Yikes i just saw this now but i appreciate your response. I have since that time purchased it and it is everything i was hoping for and more. You guys are making an incredible game and unlike the AAA games swamping the market you can really see the love you all put into this game. I just wish i had known about this during the backing stages! Me and my wife play the hell out of your gem of a game and can't wait to see what more you guys have up your sleeves. Thanks for all you do!

smfarok
Seeker
Seeker

Postby smfarok » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:25 am

and i cant find the base game on store on HK region :(

Gothicwaltz
Seeker
Seeker

Postby Gothicwaltz » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:05 pm

The art looks amazing. Looking forward to the next adventure.

DyingFeTo
Seeker
Seeker

Postby DyingFeTo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:02 am

I'm still so hyped, are there any news to the release of Color of Madness?

henry01
Seeker
Seeker

Postby henry01 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:22 am

Thanks for the knowledge. actually, I am an assignment help provider but sometimes I would love to do some gardening.

Return to “Important Announcements”